Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Really basic electeonics

Yugguy

Hi, I am a new member of fifteen minutes ago. I want to submit a problem that I have and please let me know if I am at the wrong place. I play guitar and used 2 amps. To be quiet, I play with my headphones. I made a very simple foot switch (copied one I had) to select the sound output, so I toggle from one amp to the other. Now, I would like to add leds so that visually I know which amp I am using. The leds need 2-3 volts of power and it seems that the output generated by the sound is lest than that. I need to install a power supply (2 AAA batteries) but I do not know how. Can someone help me please? I have included a design of my pedal. Thank you very much for your help. Have a nice dy

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
Welcome.
Assuming you are listening monophonic, The selector you are using is a (six pin) double-pole-double-throw DPDT that each 'pole' routes amplifier 1 or amplifier 2 towards the headphones.
That is, centre pin to headphones, one end to amplifier 1 and the other end of the same switch section to amplifier 2 output.
1690843842226.png

IGNORE the triangles and their lines above - image borrowed from the web.
Circuit should be altered to :

NC1 and NO1 are your amplifiers outputs 1 and 2 positives. Com1 is your earphone positive.

NC2 to LED1 one; NO2 to your LED2. Com2 to +3V. All negative common grounds together for earphone, amplifiers outputs and LEDs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can be done also by replacing your 6 pin selector a with a 9 pin one that has an extra set of switches 3PDT triple-pole-double-throw for the extra set to drive the leds, plus, the 3V supply for them to lit.
1690843321600.png

Attachments

• 1690843834589.png
    1690843834589.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 1690843860326.png
    1690843860326.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hi.
I do not know of stereophonic guitars. Each of your amplifiers should be monophonic. Using stereo connectors do not make a signal stereo. Perhaps binaural.
Headphones if stereo, can have both channels connected-merged at their jack for your single channel signal.
Then, from post #2 above, Com1 goes to both L+ and R+ merged headphone wires.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back