Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reading usb data recieved from a joystick from the PIC18F4550 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdil@yahoo.com

Hi, I'm a university student and I'm working on an embeded project. In a part of my project, I need to read the usb packets emitted by a USB joystick through a pic microcontroller. I used the PIC18F4550 and tried using the HID functions in the MICROC librarry. But the HID_read() function does not show any data recieved from the joystick. I configured the descriptor properly as well. I'm not sure as to what the error is. All the similar projects that i found in the net were projects that made a microcontroller function as a joystick or
usb device. But what i want to do is to read the usb packets(data recieved) from a usb joystick from the microcontroller. I'm not sure if i can do this from the way that i tried.

Can some one help me? Where do i need to correct myself? Or is there another way of doin this? Please help.

Generally PIC's include USB as slave not as host, you need to implement a USB host.

Apparently there are some host examples, perhaps on a specific PIC, try looking deeper at MicroChip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back