Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading D/S (hmc5983 compass module)

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
I've read this a number of times, but can't see how '0x1e' plus 1BIT, is used, unless it's just an example.

The Plus 1BIT is also a puzzle, the 'i,e, 0x3D for READ and 0x3C for WRITE. 0x3C %00111100 and %00111101 which is the LSBIT. I'm sure that sometimes the MSBIT is used for READ/WRITE.

What does COMMEND mean?

See attached:

Camerart

Attachments

• REGISTER COMMEND.jpg
    REGISTER COMMEND.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 169
It's I²C with an address of 0x1E and an additional bit is added on the end to tell the device if you want to read or write so it becomes 0x1E shifted left 1 and an additional bit added which results in 0x3C or 0x3D.

I'm pretty sure Commend is a typo and means command.

Google I²C protocol.

Mike.

It's I²C with an address of 0x1E and an additional bit is added on the end to tell the device if you want to read or write so it becomes 0x1E shifted left 1 and an additional bit added which results in 0x3C or 0x3D.

I'm pretty sure Commend is a typo and means command.

Google I²C protocol.

Mike.
Hi P,
It makes more sense now.
Who needs puzzles when you've got D/S to read:)
Thanks, C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back