Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read Hex File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Hi

I need a help as I have lost my code due to my mistake of deleting it but I have read the code from my device such as PIC and save it as hex file. Do you know how to convert it into a readable code in ASM file?

Regards

MM

Attachments

• TEST_hex..zip
    2 KB · Views: 211
hi,
Look at this disassemble.

Attachments

• TEST..asm
    25.1 KB · Views: 231
Dear Sir

Thank you for your help. Can you please tell how to do it? I will know how to do it in the future

MM

hi,
Download free from the web WinPicProg , its Nigels baby. Google it.

Load the hex file and disassemble it.

Hi

I realised I have made a mistake as I was supposed to use PIC16F67 and I could not find it in WinPicProg to convert my hex files into source code. Can yoo please help me?

MM

WinPicProg is much easier. Load the hex file and then click view ---> Assembler.

Then click File ---> Save As to save your new asm file.

Eric's all ready done it, based on the 16F84 - however, if the OP wroite the code that assembler listing should be more than enough for him as the differences are only small.

Yes, but I discovered some of codes are missing and I assumed that I used wrong PIC chip as I was supposed to use PIC16F67 instead.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back