Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

re-purposing yellow "site" transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never sell without the buyer covering their own postage and never for less than what the posting fees cost. :rolleyes:

As for making up stuff about what I sell I don't do that either. If you don't know what it is I am selling then you probably don't know how to use it properly either. :facepalm:

Mmmf! I am obviously too used to buying stuff from Shenzen and Honk Kong

To be honest I have mostly gotten out of selling things on eBay simply due to haveing to deal with idiots who can't follow basic descriptions and even whole replies where I clearly stated that what I had for sale will not work as they think it would only to then have them buy the item and complain that it doesn't what they thought it should even those I had clearly told them it wouldn't to begin with. :mad:

Worst one I have had was an old military application 0 - 3000 volt 500 mA 1500 watt regulated vacuum tube power supply. The guy who bought it asked if it would power his ham radio amplifier set that took something like 1000 watts @ 24 VDC to drive.

I clearly told him no to which he replied that it didn't matter being it was 0 - 3000 volts and could handle 1500 watts therefore, it would work with his system and I didn't know what I was talking about.

He bought it and apparently promptly fried his whole system then reported me to eBay as a fraudulent seller to which eBay denied him any claim being I had clearly stated what it was what it was for and had told him in multiple replies to his question that what I had was not compatible with what he wanted it for. :banghead:

And that's not the first or last moron I dealt with while selling thing either. One guy bought one of my plasma cutters to use to cut out carbon fiber forms even after having been told that carbon fiber is not conductive enough to cut with a plasma cutter and that I thought the resins were also likely flammable too but what do I know according to him carbon is a fair conductor and anything that uses a lot of it is therefore also a fair conductor so a plasma cutter would work just fine. :facepalm:

Another plasma cutter went to guy who wanted one but did not have the necessary 240 VAC power source to run it and insisted that a machine like that will run on 120 VAC if he kept the power turned down below half. Nope. Wouldn't even turn on when he got it just as I told him in my replies. Apparently, he had no clue of the difference between wattage and voltage or anything else electrical and therefore was convinced that if he just kept it turned down it would run on a lower voltage because wattage and voltage are basically the same and I didn't know what I was selling. o_O

Fortunately, eBay sided with me on those cases too.

Amazing. And I thought I could be a bit dim!
They sound like good management material though:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back