Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re-balling or reflow an LG tv LGE35230 chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

Ok my tv this morning was acting up again with bad video (pic) and 6 month ago I "re-flowed" with just a heat gun (yeah yeah I know but I didn't have a heat rework station back then), and for 6 months it worked but this morning well it came back to what it was bad picture. Now I KNOW that re-flowing isn't the BEST solution to fixing this problem but I need practice with my new quick 861dw but I know that I can re-flow the chip again until the next problem (in about 6 months) but is there a "proper" way to do it so it can last a bit more time before the problem occurs again or will last about 6 months (in my case). Now what would be the best temperature/air flow should I set my quick to do a good re-flow? The first time I did it with a heat gun I didn't use any flux should I use some or just heat it? I would be willing to do a re-ball in a future time (yeah in about 6 months) so I don't think there is any stencil for tv's bga chips so I'll have to add the balls one by one and I know that the size are .45 so any suggestions on heat/air flow for this or just use the same as re-flow? BTW I have a SainSmart MINIWARE MHP30 Mini Hot Plate Soldering Preheating Station that I gor from Amazon can I use this to re-flow instead of using my Quick and if so at what temperature can I set it?. THANKS for any help with this!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0814#2.jpg
    IMG_0814#2.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back