Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC5 code IR format

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasPlam

hi all,
am looking for a serial IR encoder ic which support rc5code format please help me if any one knows.will be very thank full to you.

regards
thomas

Philips (who invented RC5) sell the transmitter chips - but it's trivial to do with a PIC or similar.

Transmitting it is very simple, it's receiving it which is more difficult.

dear goodwin,
thanks for the information.i have some decoder code which works at 4MHz and is working perfect with some sony remote.if anybody have some encoder source code which works at 4mhz please share with me.i dont have any lab set up to write one ,for calculating bit period and all .am using a pic 16 series mc .Thank you very much.

regards
thomas

Last edited:
dear goodwin,
thanks for the information.i have some decoder code which works at 4MHz and is working perfect with some sony remote.if anybody have some encoder source code which works at 4mhz please share with me.i dont have any lab set up to write one ,for calculating bit period and all .am using a pic 16 series mc .Thank you very much.

Sony use SIRC, NOT RC5 (they are COMPLETELY different).

If you want SIRC there is code in my tutorials - it's also pretty trivial to convert the transmit routines to RC5 as well - I've modified it for RC6 various times, which is an enhanced version of RC5.

dear Goodwin,
i visited you site earlier for some hardware design.it was very useful.thank you very much.

regards
thomas.

Last edited:
dear goodwin
am planing to do with internal oscillator, is their any problem with your code if i do that.

regards
thomas

Check out the PICList, loads of code there - I do have 16 bit routines I've used many times, they came from the PIC Source Book, whoich was released free on the net at Dontroinics.

Check out the PICList, loads of code there - I do have 16 bit routines I've used many times, they came from the PIC Source Book, whoich was released free on the net at Dontroinics.

dear goodwin,
thanks for the info,
regards & thanks
thomas

Last edited:
hi nigel,
I converted your code to RC5 and is working fine with good range, but when am using the pwm motor control source, the range is decreasing. I think its the problem of my hardware. I saw your stepper motor circuit, i didn't connect any diode between emitter & collector.I connected only across the load. I am using a 3v dc brushed motor,can you tell me any suggestions. thank you very much

regards
thomasplam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back