Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ran out of excuses... bought an 8-ch Logic Analyzer ($5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

As the title suggests, I've finally run out of excuses not to buy one of these little 8-channel Logic Analyzers. Until recently I didn't really have a hobby budget and I also felt that 'borrowing' the Salae software to run on them wasn't cool but I understand the open source Sigrok software is supposed to work well with these so I finally took the plunge and ordered one.

I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with these units. Thanks...

Cheerful regards, Mike

logic analyzer $5.png

Last edited:
I bought one about 6 months ago and, due to other things getting in the way, haven't used it yet.

Mike.

I got a similar non-enclosed version. A little playing with it shows it works pretty well. The one I bought only supports 3.3v inputs so I built a buffer pcb, which will be here soon.

SmartSelect_20180923-192311_Firefox.jpg

I've bought two of them, I bought the second because I couldn't get the first to work :D

Needless to say, the second didn't either - the problem in both cases was getting the USB to be recognized.

Eventually, after LOT'S of googling, I managed to completely remove all traces of them, and start from scratch, installing in a specific order, then then both work.

I just use pickit 2 I know its only a couple of channels, but it seems to be all I need...

When you see that 5 bucks also gets you all sorts of protocol analyzers, you might think one of these is a good investment. RS232, I2C, SPI....even Wiegand code from card readers and many other formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back