Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ramsey Radar Gun modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumcalib

**broken link removed**

read up on this if you would. you plug in the ear piece you can hear it "pop" when you have a "target" sweep past it, is there a way I can make that "pop" in a tone? (sorta like a metal detector)

According to the site, you should hear the doppler shift in the earphone. Try it on a car moving at 50Kmh (30mph) or more.

Last edited:
The object must be moving fairly slow, or isn't in the radar's field of view for very long, for you to hear a POP. Since 1 MPH = 7.76 Hertz of doppler shift from 2.6Ghz, a car approaching at 30mph would give a 233Hz tone which is fairly low in frequency. What are you targeting?

mainly ground vehicles, I was just wondering if there wasn't some way I could put a circuit of some sort coming out of the head set port, that turned the electrical pulse of radar "sound that you hear" into a buzzer that changed frequency. (again like the example of a metal detector)

Are you saying that you want the tone to be a higher pitch than the one coming from the doppler shift? Or just a buzzer that sounds when a vehicle goes over a set speed?

Are you saying that you want the tone to be a higher pitch than the one coming from the doppler shift? Or just a buzzer that sounds when a vehicle goes over a set speed?

a higher pitch tone. the tone that currently comes from it is more of a pop, like when you run your hand over a microphone. I want more of a buzzer compared to the popping of that comes from it.

With this "gun" you can hear the doppler shift (when an object moves in front of the "beam" it changes pitch, I want a circuit that can change the normal "po-----ppippooop" noise to a "wooooo-eee-ooo" sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back