Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Walkie talkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrate

Hello. I need some help with a project I'm thinking of starting to do. I want to be able to transmit sound through radio from a transmitter to a receiver around a room's length away, kinda like a walkie talkie.

My problem is that I have zero understanding of analogue circuits. My idea so far is to feed my audio signal into a few audio opamps which will amplify the signal. Then, the output would be fed into the base of a NPN transistor, where the emmiter to ground through a resister. The collector would be connected to a high frequency signal generated by an oscillator. I'm hoping that the transistor would output an AM signal.

The receiver would compose of an antenna going into a band pass filter made from an opamp. The output of that would connect to the ground through a small capacitor to smooth out the high frequency oscillator signal. The result will feed into an amplifier, and finally to a speaker.

Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track here? I've looked up some circuit diagrams, and they seem pretty complicated. Is there a simple matching transmitter and receiver available that I can try out?

Thanks for your time!

Why don't you buy a set of walkie talkies? Far more reliable, convenient, practical, usable and most importantly legal =P They're pretty inexpensive now as well.

I guess I really wanted to try to build it myself :p . I was hoping that if there was a circuit that was simple enough, I might understand it somewhat learn from it.

I also want to connect the circuit to other stuff, and if I used a walkie talkie, I probably do not have the knowledge to hack it.

I have a lot of ham publications here and I can't find plans for a portable transceiver. Any pointers?

Building one with no analog experience might be quite difficult especially if its a design from scratch. If you are just copying a design, then have a look at fm transmitter circuits. You can find some pretty small ones that will give you the range you are looking for and some more powerful ones that can give you a 1km+ range.

Your description of radio transmitter and radio receiver circuits are far different to real radio circuits. Links in Google will show circuits that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back