Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio set Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

I have been reading about the time siganals that are sent out in differet regions of the world. I know that in the Colorado, US the is a station that transmites the time of an atomic clock on a 60KHz carrier wave. I was wondering if any one had ever tried to capture and decode the signals. Decoding the signal is not really the problem. I just have no clue about antenna design and such. Any links or otherwise would be very helpfull. (I know i could go buy a clock but were would the fun in that be) :D

Do a search for WWV - I have been told that there are transmission stations all over the place.

WWV is the radio stration that you can pick up on your radio. WWVB is the time signal that is sent out from Boulder, Colorado. The signal is picked up by clocks and the like to stay accurate on time. I was curious to see if anyone had any experience with decoding the signals. The NIST is the group that transits the time signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back