Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio frequency help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexb

Hi, sorry I'm only new to electronics but for school I have to design and make two devices. One that operates off low DC voltage and can transmit a signal 50 meters away to the second device, a receiving device that can operate off DC voltage up to 12v and create a buzzing noise and/or flashing LED when it receives the signal from the first device. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

You need to learn about and make a radio transmitter and a radio receiver that matches it.
Then you need to learn about and make a circuit that has an output to drive the buzzer or LED.

Your teacher should have taught you how to do it. But maybe your teacher is lazy and wants you to find out yourself.

thanks, i'll search around.
my teacher has just told us to design and build a circuit as an assignment, and my idea was just to extravagant

Then he did not specify a radio transmitter receiver pair, correct? Visit the Radio Shack and look at their LEDs and detectors. They usually have sample circuits, but all you really need is a small battery, switch and resister for the transmitter, and a 1 transistor amplifier stage at the receiver end. Creeping sophistication will add an oscillator to the transmitter and a tuned circuit to the receiver so it is more sensitive in ambient light. Cary the idea one step further and replace the LED and detector with pieces of wire to act as antennas and you have the original request arrived at empirically instead of by calculation. Personally, I recommend that you do it the other way. Pick a frequency, design an oscillator and feed it into a quarter-wave stub. Feed a receiver with an identical antenna through a tuned LC band pass filter, amplifier and a detector. If you use a LED as the detector, it should glow in the presence of RF.

In either case, your instructor is going to be more interested in seeing the arithmetic than the actual working device.

Buy a $10.00 doorbell and connect a LED to the output. Or a walkie talkie
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
As I have Goon to this website But still having Some Doubt About RF Circuit can You pls Help me & tell Some Deep Tutorial's on RF Transistor & other Basic Of it....................!

Thank's in advance!

We know electronics basics and more than just the basics. But we don't know Tutorial Links that are used by teachers and by school kids.

Can you Pls Give me PDF Link Rather, Then book Link B'coz Very Difficult For Me To get Book.......!

The ARRL book is very common in the Western World.
Maybe you should ask on a website on your side of the world which is very different.

The ARRL books are not PDFs online. They are printed books that you buy in America or see them in an American library. The books might also be in Canada but I am not a ham radio operator so I never looked for them.

One of my favorites is, “Reference Data For Radio Engineers”, published by Howard W. Sams & Co. I lost my original copy but, I found used copies on Amazon.com. This covers everything but, it is very terse coverage. It is a good follow on for the AARL handbook. That is also available from Amazon.com for $45 plus shipping if you are having it sent internationally.

Stop pressing the Shift key in the wrong place. Hard to read things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back