Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Frequency emitter used to propel objects with a parabolic reflector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when "scientific" programs explain how travel to another star is possible by continuous acceleration via a powerful laser. No explanation of how it slows down. Guess, you just crash into the star at very high speed.

Mike.

How else could a ship slow itself?

I love it when "scientific" programs explain how travel to another star is possible by continuous acceleration via a powerful laser. No explanation of how it slows down. Guess, you just crash into the star at very high speed.

You simply (and obviously) use your light sail on the star you're approaching to slow - but as there's no laser from that direction the deceleration is much lower. Regardless though, it's a very slow transportation system :D

Regardless though, it's a very slow transportation system :D
It is not slow, it only takes time to accelerate. Since it is always "on", it can eventually provide much more total thrust (and velocity) than other practical drive system that power on in short bursts at a time.

It is not slow, it only takes time to accelerate. Since it is always "on", it can eventually provide much more total thrust (and velocity) than other practical drive system that power on in short bursts at a time.

It's slow in that it can not exceed the speed of light (or even get near it?) - so years to get anywhere.

Let me get this straight,
You are justifying your incorrect statement

On the basis of...
It's slow in that it can not exceed the speed of light (or even get near it?) - so years to get anywhere.

brilliant. Never be wrong - just claim you had a different frame of reference. I love it.

Let me get this straight,
You are justifying your incorrect statement

On the basis of...

brilliant. Never be wrong - just claim you had a different frame of reference. I love it.

Perhaps you might like to post something useful here?, instead of endless stupid attacks on me and others - I'm really getting pretty sick of you, you're just a complete waste of space on these forums.

Perhaps you might like to post something useful here?, instead of endless stupid attacks on me and others - I'm really getting pretty sick of you, you're just a complete waste of space on these forums.

Useful?
First, have you read the OP's question?

Second, have you seen this gem?

or this one...
It's slow in that it can not exceed the speed of light (or even get near it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back