Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radar technology theory, 101 for this newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vleugels

Hi everyone,

A brief introduction of myself; I am, was, a 21 year-old truck mechanic and I got an opportunity to learn how to work on radar systems of ships.
As a mechanic I know almost everything about (automotive) electricity, and back when I was in school I learnt the (very) basics about electronic components.
Right now I'm tagging along and doing a lot of logistic work, heavier mechanical jobs and several simple electronical things like soldering some components, wiring and reading out. I'm on a need to know basis, you don't need to know how it works, you need to know how and what to repair or replace. Hey, that was the same when I worked on trucks :).
The guy who hired me said that I can learn a lot by doing it, he himself is not that much of a teacher. He will make some time in the near future for intensive training.

But now I'm gonna do some self education. I got some instruction books, but nothing decent :(. When I find the time in the next couple of days I will go shopping for books.

So now I wanna know from experts and amateurs here what to read. Perhaps even direct me to online webpages for some 101.
Any information is welcome.
(btw: I speak dutch, it's a longshot but if someone knows decent translated books.)

- thanks, Vleugels

btw: is this the right forum to post about radars ?

edit: I mean information in general radar tech and specific for ship radar's.

The Navy's NEETS training series is fairly handy for someone in your situation. They cover many more topics than radar, but they do cover it.
You can buy all of them on CD from the following link for $20
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back