Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Racing Car Tacho Test Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6oody

Any help on this would be cool

I've been asked in work to build a device to test the tacho's (electronic) on our historic F2 cars. I have a few ideas, like using a pulse generator etc.

Can anyone suggest some IC's???

I guess Calibration is the key

I don't know how to produce a display for such a beast, a digital display would be the ultimate, with an infinately adjustable scale

Any ideas? Cheers Woody

A pulse generator with digital display will do the job. For a 4 cylinder motor, 1000 RPM equates to 66.7Hz from the signal generator (1000X4/60). The tach signal is basicly 12 volts from the coil primary. There may be up to 300 volts spiking when in the vehicle, but that is not necessary for the tach to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back