Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RA8875 Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
For higher SPI speeds change the settings. Update SPI2.h with this also... to make life simpler
Code:
#define SPI_SLOWEST 480     //100KHz
#define SPI_SLOW    120     //400KHz
#define SPI_MED     10      //4.8MHz
#define SPI_MED1    8       //6MHz
#define SPI_MED2    6       //8MHz
#define SPI_MED3    4       //12MHz
#define SPI_MED4    3       //16MHz
#define SPI_FAST    2       //24MHz
#define SPI_FASTEST 1       //48MHz

And while ive got the ssd1963 type and I use different methods for programming, I'm going to try this out on mine mounted to a 67K22 and see what happens.

Can you think of any other reason to read back from the RA8875/SSD1963? other than pulling back pixel data or possibly configuration info...
Messing around with whipping up a sort of "serial backpack" for my 5" SSD1963 panel. The 7" RA8875 LCD panel on order, should be here in a couple weeks, and from looking at it, code isn't going to be all that much different.

Will take a look at the code (re: read that as 'might copy a bunch of it just to avoid typing' :) ).
Maybe somebody else can find a 'serial backpack' type thing for the SSD1963/RA8875, but I haven't been able to find one.
Plan is to use an 18F4550 (because I've got about 20 of them laying around, want to use an 18F47J53 but only have 2 in the bins), use 8-bit mode on the LCD, TTL serial and/or USB-seial for comms. Offload all the heavy lifting to the PIC, eg. "PRINT 'HELLO',0,0" or "CLS" type of commands. Using the '4550, and accessing the LCD, SD slot, flash chip, touch screen, etc, on the LCD panel I've got leaves me with one pin extra on the '4550 to play with. One stinkin' GPIO left over. meh, might come in handy for something...

I was thinking about making one with a CPLD only because i have like 3 around and they are fast!

Basically turning the 8 bit SSD1963 into a SPI version :)

But i do like your idea better. I have some STM32F407 lying around ... (about 4) so ill write up a play to create a CO-PROCESSOR of sorts to help a normal MCU. Like...

WriteString
ClearScreen
LoadImageFromSD
ScreenShotToSD
etc...

Yep, that's what I'm talking about... I was just going to use a handful of 595 shift registers to get the required pins and put the brains on my board, but figured an adapter board would come in handy a helluva lot more than a one-off program. Got a load of 40 pin PICs laying around along with a bunch of prototyping PCBs that'll fit just about right. Might be on the slow side, but at least it should be simple(-ish).

No STM32F's laying around here, other than the F4 Discovery board I picked up awhile back. Still gotta get into playing with that one and/or learn how to program on it...either that or pick up a compiler from MikroE.

I just realized the STM32F407 is the one on the the STM32F4 Discovery board...duh...
Ran the 'off the shelf' firmware that came with it, made a blinky using the demo version of MikroBasic PRO for ARM, put the original firmware back on it, messed around with it for an afternoon, that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back