Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C toy car transmitter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would need to have a GPS transmitter to find it that far away.
It would need to be steered with a video link like James Bond did. :lol:

Or he could go with the web enabled transmitter but that would be a bit hefty on the price.

I think it is either $109.00 us dollars or $199.00 us dollars but then again that is to much for a little rc car kit.

R/C toy car schematic

Hi Audioguru : I was right. It did sound like it was the (tyco) brand or nikko brand. these brands here in the STATES cost anywhere from $39.95 To$69.95 for the cars. And the trucks decent ones. one level up from the toy stuff. the decent trucks nikko or tyco cost anywhere from $39.98 to $139.95 it all depends on the side and model. Even doe these are not considered professional R/C cars or trucks TYCO and NIKKO make decent radio control vehicles for these prices these are better then the one i bought and i asume the TXand RX might have a three-stage transistor set up or better in the electronics. The car i bought inexspensive and a one stage oscillator and amp BUT I thought i could modified it to iincrease th output for the range i wanted. but that seems like it can't be done with this circuit. CAN ANY OF THERE NIKKO OR TYCO CARS AND TRUCKS THAT CAN REACH 300FT OR MORE (CAN THEY BE) MODIFIED TO 800,900,1000FT IF THEY HAVE DECENT ELECTRONICS IN THEM.LIKE THE ONE YOU GOT FOR YOUR SON. CAN A MORE EFFICIENT 27MHZ OR 49MHZ R/C CAR OR TRUCK DO THE JOB AT THE DISTANCE I WANT. BUT I DON'T THINK THE FREQUENCY HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE POWER I WANT IS THE OUTPUT POWER STAGES AND THE ANTENNA.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MODIFYING A CAR THAT HAS A RANGE OF 300FT TO GET THE RANGE I NEED.[/b]

R/C Toy car transmitter

Hi GTAman: This web enabled transmitter sounds interesting. tell me more. about this method. Is it secured and safe on the internet and if its not safe from anything or anyone how would i protect it. from failing and shutting down. EXPLAIN! if I DID SPEND that kind of money, at that price would i have to buy a better car. OR CAN I JUST MODIFY A CAR THAT HAS A GOOD DECENT TX AND RX IN A CAR OR TRUCK THAT HAS A RANGE ALREADY AT 300FT OR THE RC HELICOPTER TX-RX THAT YOU MENTIONED. IF you have a website on R/C helicopters TX AND RX. REPLY! THANK 8)

Hi cyperguest, It is secure and it is a password protected website. A good thing with the kit is that you could use your rc car you have now, and modify it ''which is not hard" and you could add a webcam and it would get your range easily.

Also you said to audioguru "can I modify a 300 to 400 foot range to get the range I want.

And the answer to that would be no, because those niko rc cars only get a rangeo of a 100ft to 150ft the most it will not go up more then that.

I know cause I fix/build rc cars and they all use a cheap transmitter/reciever, so the best thing to do is to go with the web-enabled rc car.

A bonus would be, say you went to france, you could control your rc car from france and it would move at home.

the negative is that there is a delay.

How are you going to connect an RC car to the web? With a very long telephone wire or with a limited-range RF router?

No it is basicly WiFi and you need a wireless router and elec.

but there are no wire's at all.

My wireless router can be picked-up in my driveway but not in my street. My driveway isn't very long so the range isn't very far, maybe 50 feet. It must travel through bricks to get outside, so the router will have greater range if it was outside.

Wouldn't a transmitter with a 20 mile range use an awful lot of current? I don't think his little toy car is stong enough to carry a car battery. :lol:

It sounds like it would have many Watts of RF output. What about power laws and the RF cops? :?:

I think his motor would burnout before moving the NiMH cels, 802.11b interface, camera - these R/Cs are light! I bought a Audley Race Tin (like tyco's canned heat) which runs at about 40Mhz for about the equivalent of 5USD. runs around like a baby and only takes 2.4V.. of course it's range is like a baby, probably 15 meters and uses a simple encoder/decoder like the one mentioned earlier.

Oh. I forgot, since he's on a low budget, I think the well would run dry well before even buying the 802.11b interface - maybe a new motor first?

Toys are meant to be toys. :S

No, you guys are wrong, the computer would control the robot which would be operated by a person.

The reciever only runs on 5vdc wich is a low voltage not a car battery.

Also it is a small board that contains I/O and a whole bunch of other stuff.

R/C toy car transmitter

Hi again . Guys all your views on this subject had good points. and everybody has there own views on this matter. But everybody will not always have the right answer to a subject on this forum all the time. I been search the web for wesites who use and build R/C cars and trucks and came across someone who build a video link on there vehicle that has a range of 1500ft. using a cheap camara and parts.Another guy build a R/C nitro car into electric for $35. My point is. Not one person is going to know everything, how to build a circuit or electronic device only one way. Some ciruits will be harder or easier to modified.BUT that dose not mean it cannot be done. I was speaking to a 4th year electronics engineering student who told me electronics is build on simlpe building blocks, know matter how a cheap looking circuit or a very exspensive circuit looks it can be modified. In someways he said the cheaper circuits can be easier to modified then a more exspensive circuit and that can be ture for a more expensive one. It all comes down to experience and knowing how to design circuits. there's always some one out there who might just know a better way. 8) [/b]

indecided The car i have will not burn out. because threr is no NiMH cells in the car and the car does not hold the 802.11b device. there is a small 5V interface circuit that is wireless that interfaces the cars receiver to the WiFI device.its impossible to fit the 802.iib device in a 1/18 scale car. the WiFi device hooks to the computer. if theres a video link this would be interfaced between the camara transmitter and the video receiver in the Wi Fi OR 802.11d device. its not the other way around as you might of thought. indecided. this system is out there and i seen it on a tv show as mention.
GTAman does this guy who wrote this book have a wedsite to fine more info or is everything in the book. :) thanks

Re: R/C toy car transmitter

cyberquest said:
Hi again . Guys all your views on this subject had good points. and everybody has there own views on this matter. But everybody will not always have the right answer to a subject on this forum all the time. I been search the web for wesites who use and build R/C cars and trucks and came across someone who build a video link on there vehicle that has a range of 1500ft. using a cheap camara and parts.Another guy build a R/C nitro car into electric for $35. My point is. Not one person is going to know everything, how to build a circuit or electronic device only one way. Some ciruits will be harder or easier to modified.BUT that dose not mean it cannot be done. I was speaking to a 4th year electronics engineering student who told me electronics is build on simlpe building blocks, know matter how a cheap looking circuit or a very exspensive circuit looks it can be modified. In someways he said the cheaper circuits can be easier to modified then a more exspensive circuit and that can be ture for a more expensive one. It all comes down to experience and knowing how to design circuits. there's always some one out there who might just know a better way. 8) [/b]

Very true! - so why don't you get details from the sources you listed above?, rather than asking here?. Or do they have no details?, which rather makes the claims questionable?.

I commented previously, that to double range requires ten times the transmitter power - this is a basic fact!, so upgrading the receive to something more professional would probably give a greater range increase than modifying the transmitter. Obviously, the optimum method is to do both!.

R/C toy car transmitter

GTAman is right about this system ,as i mention. I seen it on a electronics show on tv about home automation, and seen the R/C car work on the system like the one GTAman stated. but I don't know how far the car would go. and will it even have a distance of 20 miles. :)

The author of that book has no website, but it is a good book and it does teach you how to build a 20 mile range Wifi signal. I have check out this book and it has some cool things. A mile is 5,450 and that is just a mile can you imagine 20 mile's, it would work for what you want to do.

T

Re: reply

GTAman said:
The author of that book has no website, but it is a good book and it does teach you how to build a 20 mile range Wifi signal. I have check out this book and it has some cool things. A mile is 5,450 and that is just a mile can you imagine 20 mile's, it would work for what you want to do.

What about the licence conditions required?, I'm sure WiFi with a 20 mile range would GREATLY exceed the existing licence free status of the WiFi equipment used. I also agree with AudioGuru that you would require a large battery to supply sufficient power at the mobile end, plus you would require line of sight as well - and I would imagine, highly directional aerials?.

I'm also sceptical of a book which claims to teach you to make high power, wideband, RF transceivers at the frequencies involved?.

NASA used only a few Watts of RF power to receive signals from beyond Pluto! Are you going to make an enormous highly-focused receiving dish antenna like they use? Have you seen the size of those monsters? If their focus if off by only 1000th of a degree they receive nuthin. Won't work with a moving toy car. :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back