Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quiz Show Scorer and Dispalyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

1234567890qwer

Hi everyone,
I've got a project which i have build but seem to have a problems on the second part. For the first part i have designed and assembled a circuit so that which 3 Player push buttons PB is depressed first, that button turns On its respective LED and disables the other two LED's, i didn't have any problems with that.

For the second part of the circuit,the player that turned its respective LED On, should be able to have the count on the 7-segment LED changed by one, by simply depressing the Right Answer Counter Up (PB) or wrong Answer Counter Down (PB).I have a problem with this part i don't know how im going to build it please any advices.By the way i am using electronic work bench v5.12 to help me build this circuit thanks

Regards,
John

In this simple scenario, the clocks could probably be connected together. In fact, the clock might just be a single pulse from a one-shot that's activated whenever the button is pushed.

Give us one good reason why we should do all of the work for you?

Still not going to give you everything. That's silly. :D But let me point out a couple important things in the data sheet.

Take a look at the INPUT AND OUTPUT LOADING AND FAN-OUT TABLE

In the leftmost column is a list of the pins on the chip. The Description tells what they do. Ignore the rightmost 2 columns. Do you understand what each of these pins is for based on the description?

Do you know what a clock is -- in this context, I mean, not the thing hanging on the wall! :D

Do you know what the data inputs are for?

How about the flip-flop outputs?

Those 3 sets are the pins we're most interested in.

Do you know what a binary counter is supposed to do?

ok ok ok ok! i might as well just say it.I'm a beginner in this course i"m studying and i do need urgent help i thought i know the stuff but really i don't,so all i'm asking if you can get the circuit for me please

How does the circuit know which is the right answer and which is the wrong answer? How will it know whether to count up, or count down?

A binary counter takes a clock signal input and increments (or decrements) a binary value that is represented on its output lines. Some counters increment/decrement a binary value supplied on data lines and then represent the new value on the output lines. And finally, a clock signal is typically a logic pulse that causes a logic device to take some action. In the case of a counter, the clock signal tells the device to set its output pins to represent the incremented/decremented value. The clock can be synchronous or asynchronous (like from a switch)

Did they go over binary number system in your class? 000 001 010 011 100 etc?

In your class did they talk about binary counters? How about flip flops? If not, then maybe you should pick a simpler project.

All of these explanations should help you figure out how the counter device I shared works.

Michael

Do you want to count to 9?
Do you want three circuits - each circuit with the capability to count to 9 and also a count-down feature?

It would be wonderful if you could give a clear description of what you are wanting.
If you don't want three circuits, do you want two and a half circuits?

The player that turned its respective LED On, should be able to have the count on the 7-segment LED changed by one, by simply depressing the Right Answer Counter Up (PB) or wrong Answer Counter Down (PB).Also i need a reset button.And when i do say want it all in 1 circuit i mean that all the three 7segments are working on 1 borad, By the way i am using electronic work bench v5.12

Its more like a TV game show but without using a buzzer

Last edited:
It is still not clear, what you want, from your description.
I know exactly waht you want but you certainly have not expressed it in a definitive manner.

Here is a circuit of a 2-digit up/down counter.
All you have to do is add another 7 segment display and three buttons for the 3 players, plus a reset. The appropriate 7-segment display flashes when the first player pushes his button.

Attachments

• 2DigitUpDownCct-2.gif
    2DigitUpDownCct-2.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back