Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quiz Game -- Of sorts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotkeller

I placed this in here under this title for the reasons that I found it to be the most logical place to put it seeing it's triviality to likely any EE student and under this title for it's striking simalerity to a quiz game.

I am looking to create a circuit that acts much like the buzzers on a quiz show. It needs to get the first press of a button out of two, then store it in one of two corresponding LEDs until a reset button is pressed.

To be honest I am a complete n00b! I only started reading a book on circuitry and just finished the DC unit while still managing to be clueless. :(

Unfortunately (Not knowing how much work there was really involved) I told a guy that it couldn't be TOO hard to learn and make for him. And I couldn't have been more wrong. :(

So... I was wondering how to best (And most importantly easiest) to accomplish this. If integrated circuits are needed I could delve into that but if not I would enjoy staying away from them for excessive amount of time needed to learn. I also am trying to do it on the cheep for him. I have all three buttons (A reset and two triggers) a main power switch, and a 6V (4 AA) power supply. I was mostly just hoping for a means of accomplishing this if someone could outline it or even just give me a concept/component to look into. If someone feels like really delving in to help I would also appreciate that as well.

Thank you to all in advance, and if anything is unclear please just ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back