Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwist

I have a PIC i want to connect to a RF transceiver. The data input and output of the transceiver is on a single pin. Is it possible to connect two different ports of the PIC to a single pin on the transceiver? or is this incorrect?

Looking at the data sheet, you would connect 1 pin to the data line and another pin to the T/R line. To receive you would set the data pin to input and the R/W pin Low. To transmit, set the R/W line high before setting the data pin to output.

Mike.

another quick question is there a quick way to clear all of the General Purpose Registers or must it be programmed into the PIC?

If you want to clear them, you need to do it in the programme - generally though I've never found any reason to want to do this? - any GPR's which are read before they are written I preload with the required value (which most probably isn't zero). Any which are written before they are read don't need clearing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back