Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QUICK 700 rework station

Status
Not open for further replies.

arhi

I actually have 2 questions ..

these QUICK soldering irons (pens) have DIN5C connector .. (all pens I saw) .. and I would like to know the pinout :) so if anyone have any ideas where to find it, please let me know ....

Is there some standard pinout that I can check (measure the values on the pins)?

Mine soldering iron is QUICK 907A but I think these are "compatible ones":
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Other question is related to the QUICK 700 rework station ... (it has analog temp control with that DIN5C connector and QUICK907A soldering iron attacheded to it and smd rework hot air gun with heat control and pressure control)

Does anyone have a "manual" or "service manual" or "specification" for this rework station.... the thing I would like to know most about is small hole near temperature regulator that is labeled "CAL" .. (I hope that means "calibrate" and is used to somehow calibrate something :) - maybe tip temperature) .. - how to use it?

The station is kinda "fixed" so it is not easy to take it out and open it .. (but I will that first time I get a chance).

Yes .. the QUICK 700 looks like this:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

ah and finally - what the hack ESD SAFE on the soldering iron mean ?

EDIT: attached larger picture

Attachments

• quick-700.jpg
    quick-700.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,300
Last edited:
I fugured out the CAL hole :D ... it has small trimmer inside so ..

1. you set the temp to some value (for e.g. 300 degrees)
2. use some temperature measurement tool and measure the tip temperature
3. turn the "trimmer" so your tip get as close as possible to set value (300 degrees for e.g. if that is what you set at [1])

I recon you need to wait a bit for tip to "reach" the new temp when playing with the trimmer :) ... (I hoped for some automation like - stick the tip here and I'll do the rest :D )

Now for the pinout ... if anyone have any ideas .. please share .... even for some other soldering station if they have 5pin connector I'll try to measure outputs here .. might give me a clue where to start :...

ah and finally - what the hack ESD SAFE on the soldering iron mean ?

It means 'Electro Static Discharge Safe' i.e. the tool won't zap any static sensitive components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back