Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question NOR flash memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to lose retention
manufacturers of NOR flash memory chips say that they retain data for up to 20 years but I am doubtful if it is possible to increase this retention estimate a lot? I write the firmware only once in the flash memory and store it

Have a read of this document, it appears that the number of write erase cycles and temperature are the two important factors. Figure 3 suggests yours should last ~100,000 years!!!

Mike.

Thread locked - this poster appears to be nothing but a troll, continually posting the same stupid questions about how long different things will last. I'm currently considering a ban or not - perhaps wait and see if he ever posts anything worthwhile?.

Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back