Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question hdd badblock and burn dvd disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudff7

If I burn a DVD disc from a HDD with badblock and rellocated sectors count will the DVD disc have file corruption? will the burn DVD be bad?

If the HDD still has a bad block, most copy tools that try to burn a DVD will fail when they hit the bad block. Reallocated sectors do not matter, those are bad blocks that have been replaced with good blocks from a spares list. Thus, they are "good" and can be used for read or write.
Some disk cloning tools will flag a bad block and allow you to skip it, which of course causes that file to be corrupted. Big danger is if the bad block is in the directory structure, then you corrupt a lot of files all at once.

I used ImgBurn but the burning of the DVD was completed anyway, should I have corrupted the burned files on the disc?

Enough of this memory data retention nonsense!
You are just wasting everyones time by trolling.
Be gone with you, - BANNED.

JimB one of the Moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back