Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about a small motorized car ashtray....

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie7

Anybody out there in Rx-7 land know of any parts or anybody making the ashtray a motorized panel, like the car stereo faces or flat screen car tvs? I have some ideas, but not sure of the parts or where to get started.

Thanks, Matt

I am not in RX7 land, but how about a linear actuator, those are readily available in many sizes/throws with all the drive electronics and adjustable limits prebuilt.

crust said:
I am not in RX7 land, but how about a linear actuator, those are readily available in many sizes/throws with all the drive electronics and adjustable limits prebuilt.

How about vandalising/adapting an old CD drive?

Mark K.

You could use a synth chip, and have little messages like "so your going to slowly kill yourself" or "smoking leads to herroin addiction" as it opens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back