Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about a custom PCB design

Status
Not open for further replies.

solly747

Hey guys,
I'm brand new here, first post.

So I got someone to design a PCB on fiverr. I have received the board that I ordered from ALLPCB, no probs there.
I am confused how the joystick will get wired since the joystick seems to have (have not received it yet) 5 pins, and there seem to be around 9 pins around the joystick area on the PCB. I have tried to message the guy that created the gerber file on fiverr but I have not received any response.
Below is a link to a screenshot of the original post of this project, but this forum won't let me post the screenshot, apparently it's too large.

https://prntscr.com/n6qbmw

So basically I want to know if you guys can work out how to connect the 5 pin joystick, or has the guy made a mistake in creating this?

Any help much appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_140.png
    Screenshot_140.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 166
  • joystick.jpg
    joystick.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 177
Based on looking at your pictures it looks as if the pcb has been done for the actual analogue joystick component. The pictured one on the right is already soldered to a breakout board. The board you have had designed is for the 'raw' joystick, not one already soldered to its own pcb.

Its the same for the tactile switches. The ones on your screencap are on their own pcbs already and the designed one has the holes for the actual component. It looks like the pcb is correct, you just need to source the actual components

Thanks for the reply guys.

1. Where do I find these raw joysticks to purchase?
2. Can the joystick shown be wired to that board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back