Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about 60-pin connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2003

Hi,

I am trying to build a custom peripheral connected to the 60-pin expansion bus (dual row, 30-pin each, 1.27mm pitch) of the Atari Portfolio. See attached image.

PXL_20221102_171343547.jpg

Does anyone how to call this type of connector and where can I get one (both male and female)? I tried searching Digikey, Mouser, Farnell as well as Element14 but can't find any. The closest category is either card-edge connectors or board-to-board connectors, but it's hard to search without an exact name for it.

3D models for this type of connector can be found online, for example here https://www.3dcontentcentral.com/Download-Model.aspx?catalogid=171&id=1317579

Thanks in advance.

Measuring the pitch is the first step towards finding one.

Oops. My apology.

Have you checked at Samtek?

Have you seen https://www.atari-forum.com/ ? I searched a bit and they showed a third-party parallel port adapter that plugs into this connector, so they must be available.

The one I saw on the forum was built by one of the members in the 2000s. He planned to put it into production but it's not clear it ever happened.

TE Connectivity (Amp) CHAMP line looks similar. You may have to settle for a board-to-board version.

That is exactly what I wanted! Thanks for the info.

P50-060S-R1-EA is the socket (used in the peripheral) whereas P50-060P-RR1-EA / P50-060P-S20-EA is the connector (used in the Atari Portfolio port). Unfortunately both of them are currently out of stock at Digikey ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back