Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quartz crystal speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
That little 0.25W thing isn't a speaker, it's a shrieker.
The digital clock radio that I bought for only $.99 has a bigger one (and makes a bigger shriek). :lol:

ok it seems the idea of a 100 khz range meter is not possible :(

there is alot of loudspeakers in any size, any shape and any....
then i call all them "speaker" i am not family with all names of speakers..

so let me know what kind of speakers are good for a range between 25 to 50KHz rather than a ultrasonic sensor?

We can't hear frequencies from 25kHz to 50kHz so nobody makes a speaker go so high. An expensive tweeter might go as high as 25kHz but it is fragile and can't handle much continuous power. It can produce "tick" sounds loudly. A continuous loud tone would destroy it.

audioguru said:
We can't hear frequencies from 25kHz to 50kHz so nobody makes a speaker go so high. An expensive tweeter might go as high as 25kHz but it is fragile and can't handle much continuous power. It can produce "tick" sounds loudly. A continuous loud tone would destroy it.

i have found a site that sells some kind of ultrasonic speakers(sounders)
at: **broken link removed**

those ultrasonic speakers can handle 50KHz MAX but i dont know wht they are or from where i can get them???!!!

o yes tweeters can not handle more than 22KHz Unfortunately

The 1st one have reps in USA, Canada and Latin America. They have extremely narrow-band resonance that would need very fine frequency tuning and matched devices for any range.

The 2nd one has no detailed spec's and you must buy a min of 10,000.

Try to find out more about the transducers used by Velleman you showed before. Find out about their kit:

Attachments

• parking_radar.png
    parking_radar.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 455
audioguru said:
The 1st one have reps in USA, Canada and Latin America. They have extremely narrow-band resonance that would need very fine frequency tuning and matched devices for any range.

The 2nd one has no detailed spec's and you must buy a min of 10,000.

that is not so good becuase i can not buy them via that countries.

for what job those sounders are made?

WoW, see these tweeters they act at 100KHz :shock:

**broken link removed**

i hope i could find them here they seems to be very interesting for a rangemeter,

The larger good Murata tweeter is really good (if they didn't smooth its frequency response graph too much). It seems to need an awful lot of power for its fairly low volume output. They don't say what its capacitance is, which is probably pretty high, requiring high current at high voltage. Get many because continuously at full power it doesn't last very long.

audioguru said:
The larger good Murata tweeter is really good (if they didn't smooth its frequency response graph too much). It seems to need an awful lot of power for its fairly low volume output. They don't say what its capacitance is, which is probably pretty high, requiring high current at high voltage. Get many because continuously at full power it doesn't last very long.

although i have no access to online shpping but now i am a bit HOPEFUL finding a thing like them here, i will go and see what kind of tweeter i can find,

if i could fnd a suitable tweeter then i must find a circuit to go it at resonant position, am i right?

thanks alot for taking part

I think to make a distance ranging system you need an object that can reflect ultrasonic waves. Then you "ping, ping, ping" the ultrasonic sender and enable the receiver in between pings to detect the reflections.
You need an ultrasonic oscillator and power amplifier that is gated by pulsing oscillator. The receiver is gated on by the pulsing oscillator inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back