PWM, Resolution ?, channels ? explain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_imum2000

i just need to know what is meant by the following
PWM resolution (10bits and so on)
i have read this and i dont understand how can it me implemnted

"10bits resolution which means you can have 1024 different steps from zero to full power, for our purposes this is a little excessive, and I've decided on 128 steps forward (0-127), and 128 steps in reverse (128-255), using a single byte for the speed and direction, with the highest bit signifying reverse."

also when a PIC has 2 channels for the PWM, can this be used to control 2 motors in both directions and speeds using an h-bridge ?

thank you very much , i am new here and i think this forum rocks

You just use the higher bits, and have 128 steps - if you check my PWM tutorial it does exactly that, using the 8th bit to signify forward or reverse.

also when a PIC has 2 channels for the PWM, can this be used to control 2 motors in both directions and speeds using an h-bridge ?

Yes, again my tutorial does exactly that, using a 16F876 with two PWM channels, plus two outputs per channel for forward/reverse switching. You obviously need two H-bridges, one for each motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…