Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM, motor control with pic, please read and help if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_imum2000

Hello there
i am trying to make a circuit that controls 6 DC motors (12-24volt) (1-2amp),
3 variables should be there, speed (PWM), Direction (For & Rev) , and duration which the motor should work then stops.

i intended to use L298 for each 2 motors.

i wonder what is the best PIC i can use to do this job. i really need it to be cheap and to control as much L298 as possible.

i am thinking of using 2 PIC16F84 , each PIC controls 2 L298 dirversr and each L298 controls 2 motors.
then i control the 2 PIC16F84 with another larger PIC to handle all the communications between the PC for example and the other circtuit

what do you think, ?
i realy need your opinon

thank u

Re: PWM, motor control with pic, please read and help if you

max_imum2000 said:
i am thinking of using 2 PIC16F84 , each PIC controls 2 L298 dirversr and each L298 controls 2 motors.
then i control the 2 PIC16F84 with another larger PIC to handle all the communications between the PC for example and the other circtuit

what do you think, ?
i realy need your opinon

For a start DON'T use the 16F84, it was replaced last century by the ceaper and better spec 16F628 - which also has one hardware PWM output. If you check on MicroChip, I believe they now do an 18 pin PIC with two PWM channels?.

Thank you all for your rely
if i am getting this correct
pic is connected to the L298 with 4 lines (2 for each motor) . each of these 2 lines are inputs for a OR gate , output to the enable line for the motor.
the enable will also make a PWM type signl with the output lines to the motor.
what do u think of that. anyother way to make the enable on while pwm ?without using an extra PIC line ?

about newer pic, can i direct the PWM to any output ? i will read the data sheet and try to figure it out

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back