Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PV/MPPT project - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiebattler

Hello fellow users,

I'm doing a project at uni in the area of maximum power tracking of PV systems using Simulink.

Basically I've managed to design the PV array, lossless Dc-Dc converter and to a certain extent MPPT. The converter is a buck-boost containing no electrical elements except for controlled v and i sources, small resistive load of 10 ohms and a function block which computes the input current to the coverter. The other parameters Vout, Vin, Iout are all determined through the feedback loops.

The mppt outputs a reference voltage signal which obviously needs some sort of compensation. This is the part I'm struggling with. Some past students have hinted that PID controller is a good way to go.

Any suggestions/advice would be fantastic as the summer break gradually becomes a working holiday by the week.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• PV_Array_with_mppt.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
Hi
I am also designing an MPPT charger .i can thro some light ,but iam not able to open your attachment ,so please attach your schematic in pdf .

I guess he got it sorted and went back to uni in March so he'd be flat out now

Its a modelfile for Simulink I suppose
here it is in text form but I don't think that's of much use to anyone

Attachments

• PV_Array_with_mppt.mdl.txt
    111.5 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
PV_Array_with_mppt

Dear Sir\Madam,
I have downloaded this file unfortunately after the running in the SIMULINK I have faced with some of errors. Please let me know whether there is any problem in this project or not.
If you have similar program about photovoltaic simulation I will be gratitude if you can send to me to my email m_marzband2005@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot in advance for your attention
Best regards,
Mousa Marzband

PV/MPPT project - Please help!
Hi
I am also designing an MPPT charger . I need Fuzzy MPPT design in simulink. pls help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back