Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebe

:) Just a little light hearted puzzle to keep the grey matter active over Christmas when you are not busy with the soldering iron!

A plastic cube has a 10ohm resistor laid along each of its 12 edges. At each corner the ends of the three meeting resistors are connected together.

What is the resistance between two furthest corners? :?

Happy Xmas to everyone.

The answer is 8.333 Ohms :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all Forum Members!

hey, good question .....
i used to do theses kind of problems at physics last year...
it's not hard to calculate...
first u resuce the cube to a pyramid, then o use the tranfiguartion from star to triangle and all u obtain is a simple group of paralel and series resistors..
i don't know if the value is 8.333 ohms, i dont have time to calculate...
but what i can tell u is that if u make the schematic and use a simulation progrma many would give u a wrog answer.....

Ok Pebe try same puzzle with resistor value of 330 Ohm! 8)

so stupid i was....
here's another puzzle.all the segmants have the value R, find the value between the nodes**broken link removed**[/list]

CORRECT :D
It was easy ! For 10Ohm it was 8.33 so for 330 Ohm it will be 330*8.33/10 = 274.89 ~ 275 Ohms :)

bogdanfirst said:
so stupid i was....
here's another puzzle.all the segmants have the value R, find the value between the nodes**broken link removed**[/list]

I can't see what the "**broken link removed**[/list]" is. Can you describe which nodes?

i cant post a picture of the schematic.....
i used cut+imc here and it still doesnt work....
somebody tell me how to place a picture in tthe answer....

You have to first store the picture on internet. You can store it on free web space like geocities. The type the URL of your file between "img" tags.
Like **broken link removed**

I might just mention that this is certainly not a new puzzle. I have seen it published in ETI, about 1974.

Ok lets see if some one can find what the equivalent resistance be between terminals A and B. I want calculation steps and not only final answer :) . Terminal B is in the lower right corner which is not visible in the schematic.
**broken link removed**

u wanta calculatons...
ok
from what i ses there is a square and 2 diagonals....the 2 other corners apart from A and B are at the same potential so there is no current flawing drom the resistance that unites them can be eliminated.....
now, a square and a diagonal from a to b....
unite the points with the same potential and u get a triangle....
turn the triangle in a star and trough one of the resistors is not flawing current, so there are only 2 250 ohm resistors...
so the value is 500 ohms?
(p.s. i mistake most of the time when it comes to mathematical calculations, so this might not be an exception)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back