Push button Rotary switch

Hello,

I found some interesting rotary switch with on/off at first click then linear potentiometer.

But I'm looking for something with on/off a the beginning and 5-6 clicks (positions) to choose menu on a Analogic entry. I want each click to let the device On and not turn it off.

I d' like a push fonction too to select the menu.

Do you know a switch like this ?

Thanks a lot.

A small rotary encoder has 12 steps in one revolution. An option is to have a push switch on the same shaft, so you can rotate to the item you want, and then push in to select it. This requires an orthogonal decode circuit to produce either unique up and down signals, or clock and direction signals, based on a change in direction. such as this:

12-position

5 or 6 positions...

Last edited:
Those rotary switches can usually have the travel restricted, so a 12 way switch can be restricted to 7 ways only, for instance.

Those rotary switches can usually have the travel restricted, so a 12 way switch can be restricted to 7 ways only, for instance.
Yes, they are very useful for that - you can also buy multipole ones, such as 2 pole 6 way, where he could use one pole for ON/OFF, and the other pole for selecting five options (6 including off). I bought some earlier this year, I'm just trying to remember what I got them for?.

However, from what the OP has posted, and his requirement for a push action as well, I suspect what he needs is a microcontroller and a rotary encoder (as per AnalogKid).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…