Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

purchasing pic's from Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

keep checking octopart but nobody has 18f43k22 44 pin
About a month ago Digikey had 1000 in stock and I did;t have the extra cash.
found some on Ebay but keeping caution in my back pocket.

When searching for components, Octopart.com is your friend. LCSC has a few.

The microcontroller supply is pretty bleak right now.

You have some options – you can get one of the variants with more memory.

SmartSelect_20221229_160546_Dropbox.jpg

Future Electronics has a few of what you want with more memory..... 11,000.

SmartSelect_20221229_160711_Edge.jpg

LCSC also has stock in the 18F46K22.

SmartSelect_20221229_172626_Edge.jpg

He did say 44 pins...which I believe is the I/PT TQFP package. Making it easy for people to help him isn't one of his strong points......

But I don't believe Microchip has any stock...the shelves are pretty bare!

Screenshot_20221229_175031_Edge.jpg

He did say 44 pins...which I believe is the I/PT TQFP package. Making it easy for people to help him isn't one of his strong points......

But I don't believe Microchip has any stock...the shelves are pretty bare!

View attachment 139768
The MicroChip delivery times seem highly pessimistic - I ordered out of stock devices from various places (as we need them for production) including from MicroChip direct - I also ordered some lower memory versions, as the current application would fit in them (although I'd sooner keep one higher spec. device in stock). We still had stocks, but not a huge amount - and not enough for multiple-month delivery times.

As in the screenshot above, the predicted delivery times were ludicrous - but they all came a LOT faster than the predicted dates. It was around September I ordered them, with most dates given as December, and some March 2023 - but all came before December.

Last edited:
It's a sad fact that microcontrollers are in short supply at this time, a situation likely to continue for the foreseeable future. Alternatives need to be considered. As I pointed out in post #6, there are 8 options for the micro MrDEB wants, having either more memory or being the LF version (which I believe will make no difference) that are direct substitutions with no changes to either firmware (might have to recompile, but no code changes) or hardware. When these alternatives are considered, there are many options to sketchy parts from ebay. Do note, I have purchased many high quality parts from ebay sellers, but you have to know the seller.

The screen shots below show the mostly bleak situation for major US distributers. I have excluded all the "second rate" sketchy sources that promise more than they can deliver or hold parts for ransom.

While stock of the 18F43K22-I/PT is almost nil, there are over 1600 18F44K22-I/PT at Newark, and over 35,000 18F46K22-I/PT available at Future. A couple of the LF versions are in stock too.

pic-1.jpgpic-2.jpgpic-3.jpgpic-4.jpgpic-5.jpgpic-6.jpgpic-7.jpgpic-8.jpg

Attachments

• 1672427032352.png
    1672427032352.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 145
Oops. My mistake. I thought the LF versions of other PIC18Fs I have looked worked down to a lower voltage but still supported 5 volt operation.

Wow. Not even a token ack.

Oops. My mistake. I thought the LF versions of other PIC18Fs I have looked worked down to a lower voltage but still supported 5 volt operation.

It's usually the other way around... the F parts are rated for up to 5V (and run at 3.3V), but the LF parts are only rated up to 3.3V.

Of course, this is Microchip we're talking about here so there are always exceptions, like the 18FxxK20 which is only rated up to 3.3V period (and there's no LF version). Nothing like consistency!

Then there are the J and Q series parts, each with different specs. As always with Microchip, best to RTFM.

Last edited:
If you wanna purchase from e-bay, I recommend that you do not order in bulk amounts first. First, make a small order and see the product quality. If satisfactory, then proceed to order more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back