Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse to delay for 5-10seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazmondo

Got a simple circuit design in mind, wondering if it will work at all.

I have a wire which will pulse a set voltage for a split second, and another wire which I want to put voltage down when the circuit receives a pulse from the other wire, if that makes sense? Basically turning a pulse from one wire to a 5-10second constant feed to another wire.

I had a diagram that consisted of a 100µ capacitor, 2 resistors, diode and transistor but don't have it to hand atm.

Can anyone shed any light onto what the circuit should be looking like?

It sounds like you want a "One Shot" timer (multi-vibrator). Try a Google of "555 timer one shot" and read about the configuration. You pulse a trigger input and get an output pulse of a timed duration. That waht you want or have in mind? I am not quite sure what you are asking for so took a guess.

Ron

That's exactly right Reloadron - I have a pulse that lasts for a split second that I want to increase to last for 5-10 seconds.

That's exactly right Reloadron - I have a pulse that lasts for a split second that I want to increase to last for 5-10 seconds.

Then you want a one shot or mono-stable multivibrator circuit. You don't mention pulse levels but for basic applications the 555 timer I mentioned configured as a one shot should work for you. A Google will bring up dozens of examples, if you have questions just ask.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back