Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse in negative and positive transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

I need help to do a circuit that makes the follwing:
in the positive and in the negative transition i want to make a pulse and then stays off (see figure).
How i do that?
It seems simple but i can´t do that...

Attachments

• pulsos.jpg
    pulsos.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 694
Signal into one input of an exclusive OR. Signal delayed into the other input of the XOR.

Your right...
I will use NANDS to do the XOR (see image) being my output B' my input B. My output B' it's after my RC network.
Thanks to all...
Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• xor_with_nads.gif
    xor_with_nads.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 603
I think that the initial ideia (with Ron H help) with XOR won't work, because when my signal goes down 0 and 0 with XOR is 0, and i want to do a 1 level

What Ron is saying is you should delay one of the XOR inputs. The time delay on the second input will have direct control over the pulse widths on the output, so in this example, you will need to the know the output delay times of the two inverters (tPHL and tPLH). Before anybody whines, there are other ways to generate a delay as well.

Attachments

• edge_detect.gif
    edge_detect.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 532
You don't need 2 ICs. Use unused sections of the XOR as the delay.

If you connect a High to one input of an XOR, it acts as a non inverting buffer.

Alternatively, if you connect a Low to one input of an XOR, it acts as an inverting buffer.

ljcox said:
You don't need 2 ICs. Use unused sections of the XOR as the delay.

If you connect a High to one input of an XOR, it acts as a non inverting buffer.

Alternatively, if you connect a Low to one input of an XOR, it acts as an inverting buffer.
and the pulse width would depend on the input-to-output response time of the gates. won't it be too fast/ too narrow pulse

DigiTan said:
ljcox said:
You don't need 2 ICs.
Bah! Nitpicking nitpicking. :lol: The point is they have to be out of phase.
You can call it nitpicking if you wish, but the point I was trying to make is that an XOR can be used as either an invering or non inverting buffer.

Beginers may not know that.

This threads getting quite long now, and producing a little controversy, but it's never been explained what it's required for? - with full information a solution may be much easier?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back