Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pull alarm help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairlight

I'm trying to reproduce a pull alarm from radio shack. I took it apart and followed the lines with the beep setting on the multimeter. The silicon black spot was scratched off with a razor blade. Unable to tell how it was connected inside there.

I think have got as far as possible for myself and need some assistance. What exactly is the bottom round thing with three connectors? I was thinking a capacitor of some sort. The red wire is bent and only connects to 21.

I also want to add another pull section, which was the main reason for disassembly.
The pull part is the rectangle on top.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• alarm-front.jpg
    alarm-front.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 202
  • alarm-back.jpg
    alarm-back.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I'm trying to reproduce a pull alarm from radio shack. I took it apart and followed the lines with the beep setting on the multimeter. The silicon black spot was scratched off with a razor blade. Unable to tell how it was connected inside there.
That 'silicon black spot' was the IC that makes the beep signal.

I think have got as far as possible for myself and need some assistance. What exactly is the bottom round thing with three connectors? I was thinking a capacitor of some sort.
the black thing that looks like it has a coil of wire in it would be a transformer (if it has 3 wires), or an inductor (if it has 2 wires).

The red wire is bent and only connects to 21.
it connects to the 'pull switch' connector; when the string is pulled out, 21 is connected to the rest of the circuit and provides power for it to screech.

I wonder if the IC can be substituted for a opamp chip or something?
It's probably impossible to find out the part number for the IC. Suitable replacement?

As for getting another pull trigger installed, I may try connecting wires to 12 and 14 to something, ground maybe? Then try another wire connected to 13 as the trigger wire.

Here is a picture of the whole alarm in case anyone recognizes it.

Attachments

• alarm-full.jpg
    alarm-full.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back