Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSPice Sim: Condensor Mic Modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choilai

Hi!,

I m going to do a PSPice simulation for a mic driver circuit which is indeed a part of the codec (W681360) circuit. My purpose is to verify if the electrical frequency response of the audio receive path is OK.
How do I model the mic? The mic is installed in a headset. I get the mic spec but I don't know which parameters can help me do the modelling.

Can anyone help me?

Post the specs, or a link to them. Maybe someone here can help you figure it out.

The microphone is probably an electret type, not a condensor type.
If it is two-wires and is powered from a 10k resistor then its impedance is about 4.3k ohms which is in parallel with the 10k and the total impedance is about 3k ohms.

The Yahoo! LTSpice group has example files and models for electret microphones, which allow you to specify the input to the mic's in dB, which is handy. You can join the group and look for the models and examples in the Files -> Lib section.

Good luck!

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back