Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PS2 Port on KVM trick???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonlaronde

I will be using the guts of a 16 port KVM as the brains behind a switching unit for a speaker selection system. Eventually the KVM will trip high voltage relays to connect the amplified audio signal but for now I have one tiny hickup I need to overcome.

The KVM is autosensing so if a PC is not connected, the port will disable itself.

How can I trick the KVM into thinking a PC is plugged into a given port... Could I ground the 5v on the PS2 port with a 100k resistor or something of the sort?

Any help from anyone with knowledge of these thingys would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back