Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Simulation- clock fuse bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabhishek91

Hi everyone. Today i was testing the Micro-controller simulation in Proteus.
I built a circuit as shown below and loaded the .hex file. When i try to simulate it i got an error.

"CKSEL fuse bits specify external oscillator but no clock frequency is specified"

I have used 12MHz crystal and selected external clock source but it isn't working. However, if i select internal clock option ,everything works fine.
Please correct me.:confused:

Attachments

• simulation_error.jpg
    simulation_error.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,694
  • CKSEL-bits.jpg
    CKSEL-bits.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,946
  • ckt.jpg
    ckt.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 1,749
I think you have to change your clock frequency from the 'default' to '12Mhz'(or whatever u want to use) in the advanced settings dialogue box.
Check out the pic. i attached.
Also don't forget to assign the same frequency to the crystal,I mean right click the oscillator and change the clock frequency to 12Mhz(or whatever u want to use).
Try these settings and even then if it didn't workout let me know.:)

Attachments

• etech.png
    etech.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 3,485
I think you have to change your clock frequency from the 'default' to '12Mhz'(or whatever u want to use) in the advanced settings dialogue box.
Check out the pic. i attached.
Also don't forget to assign the same frequency to the crystal,I mean right click the oscillator and change the clock frequency to 12Mhz(or whatever u want to use).
Try these settings and even then if it didn't workout let me know.:)

Thanks a lot sir. It worked :D

Hi all,

Maybe you can help me:

I have project about obtaining a PCB board including ATMEGA microprocessor, but I have a difficulties in bootloading the ATMEGA. In shortly, I have bootloaded a ATMEGA328P-PU by using Arduino as ISP mode. ATMEGA328P-PU works with 16MHz crystal and the necessary capacitor and resistor etc. Everything is OK. However, I have a ATMEGA328P-U, and I have performed the same steps for bootloading. The bootloading process is done, successfully. In this point, I have a problem is that the ATMEGA328P-U works a different frequency I think, but also it may be depending on different cause. It can be explained what I say as follows;

For example, you know a Blink example code in Arduino (LED blinks connected in D13 with 1 sec). Here, ATMEGA328P-PU is OK meaning that the application program (LED Blink) runs, well. But, the ATMEGA328P-U works with different speed meaning that LED blinks with 10 sec, even though I used 16MHz crystal and same circuit components. Why this problem come out and how can I correct/handle this case? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back