Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prop building electronic help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

saracen

Hi, I'm currently building a prop-table, one of the requirements is to have a circle/turntable built into the top of this table so that when a button on a key fob remote is pushed the the circle/turntable turns 180 degrees. I'm used to building props but when it comes to electronics I need guidance can anyone assist or maybe point me in the right direction on how I could get this to work

many thanks

Buy a motor, count how long it takes to turn 180 degrees, when button is pushed activate a counter that will count for that long. You can easily hack a remote control car and use that wireless system.

Is it always clockwise or ccw or is it bidirectional?

Hi Mike, it can go either way, the only problem with timing it would be the chance of missing the 180 point it needs to be exact I'm afraid

regards

....Is it always clockwise or ccw or is it bidirectional?
Re that question...and is the motor powered by AC or DC...and what is the current draw?

On pushbutton, one or two relays, and 2 limit switches should get you exact positioning.

ken

The only question I have with the contact switch is when I shuts off I need to be able to push the button again and have it continue the circle for the remaining 180 or return back the other way, is this possible

The only question I have with the contact switch is when I shuts off I need to be able to push the button again and have it continue the circle for the remaining 180 or return back the other way, is this possible

Check out these guys: **broken link removed**

They make premade keyfobs and receiver modules and DigiKey stocks most of their stuff. The receiver modules have relays built-in so you could just connect the motor control of one direction to one relay and the other direction to another relay. You'd have to press different buttons for different directions, but with contact switches to shut them off when it gets to the right angle it should easily do what you want.

If it's a DC motor, you can press the button, have it move to the 180 position, press it again and have it continue in the same direction to the 0 position.

If you want it to reverse directions with a pushbutton, it is just a little more complicated...two pushbuttons. If a toggle switch is used instead of a pushbutton, you don't even need relays.

I guess the circuit all depends on what you want, if it's a DC motor, and what the motor voltage and current ratings are.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back