Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proof of Taylor's series

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune

Hello folks,

I was studying Taylor's series,
Question 1: but i don't know how they got the formula for Taylor series
1a46df6abedf9c108d040370c7dde9ee-2.png

books always starts with the power series of
745c6de4bb39cffe513acb65f4f130d1-2.png

but why ?

Definition :" Taylor's theorem gives an approximation of a k-times differentiable function around a given point by a k-th order Taylor polynomial. " (source - wikipedia)
Question 2: what is k times differentiable.

A function f(x) is k times differentiable if the differential equations f'(x), f''(x),...,f''...k times(x) all exist. (Sorry, need to brush up on Latex)

Take the function
f(x)=3*x^2

f'(x)=6*x
f''(x)=6
f'''(x)=0

Where I fall down is deciding if this is infinitely differentiable, or twice or thrice differentiable. Help?

Hello folks,

but why ?

Definition :" Taylor's theorem gives an approximation of a k-times differentiable function around a given point by a k-th order Taylor polynomial. " (source - wikipedia)

That theorem is presented and expounded upon extensively in just about any calculus textbook.

Ratch

hello,
I have also studied the taylor theorem but don't understand the practical application where it is seen?

Hello folks,

but why ?

Google is your friend.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back