Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prom burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercial or hobby? In circuit or standalone? OTP or EPROM?

I've usually built my own, but once I bought a Needham programmer that made me happy. For commercial volumes, look into buying the algorithm for your ICT, or have the distributor provide programmed chips. We used Data I/O at work for one-off; it was costly to keep up with all the new chips.

The 87C196 seems to have a pretty simple algorithm; if this is a hobby project you shouldn't have a lot of trouble writing your own programmer. It's not all that different in principle from programming the 8751.

Well its for commercial but we must burn every singel chip ourselvs because it has a product specific software..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back