Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

projectjavascript:emoticon(':?:')(guess this got lost )

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjunarikeri

Hi,
As a part of my project I need to make a 4 bit BCD shift and add multiplier.

this is what I paln to do on my assignment

1) Use three 4-bit shifters registers and three 4-bit full adders to get the 7-bit binary product by repeated addition.

2) Now I need to convert this 7-bit bianry product to BCD, but I'll be given only 4-bit BCD converters. I have a circuit

which uses 3 such 4-bit converters and, 3 full adders to convert a 7-bit binary to BCD.

But all this is pretty brute force. Plese give me suggestions to improve my circuit, the components being pretty much the

same.

I have listed all the things the instructer is willing to give

1) standard 74xx series gates
2) 74151 MUXs
3) 7483 full adders
4) 7442 BCD to decimal decoders
5) 7476 flip flops
6) 74191 counters
7) 7490 decade counter
Cool 7495 shift registers
9) ic 555
10)8-bit DAC08 data converter

The general instruction is to avoid fancy components and minimise the circuit restricting ourselves to these componrnts as

far as possible.Some other components may be given if found resonable(but again not very fancy ones).

Thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back