Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

lespotter

I have been directed to use logic to operate a carpark. The Park can hold up to 48 cars. When there are 40 the barrier for in will go down and let cars in individually up to the 48. if the barrier is down there is a red light. Sensors are present to say when a vehicle enters and leaves. I am struggling where to start with this would 2 74ls192's be a good start and could you give me any other tips.....

Thank you in advance Les:confused::confused::confused:

Is this a school project?

Do you already have an idea of what you think you need to do yet Les?

Make a list of required sensors/actuators etc.

Post what you have thus far, how you intend to implement it, where you have any doubts about the implementation, etc.

If you have a schematic drawn up, post that too.

I have been directed to use logic to operate a carpark.

IF you used real life logic you would have already known that when all 48 spaces are used up then no one can park there until someone leeves! :D

If some jackass parks crooked and takes up two spaces just so his car wont get door dinged how does your logic device compenate for that? :confused:

In real life someone like me comes in as number 48 sees the baddly parked car taking up two spaces, gets out, rips the wipers off and knees every door on the car! Just so the moron gets the idea that he should have parked the right way. :eek: :p

It is a College project.

I will be using a sensor for in and out.
An up/down counter which i think will be a 74LS192.

am having a min fart where to start.

and 48 cars is the wllowed limit

the barrier will operate along with the lights from 40^

0-39 barrier remains up.

any useful comments feel free

regards les
:confused::confused::confused:

You would want to use two 74LS193 (binary) rather than 74LS192 (BCD) up/down counters.

You could use several magnitude comparators such as a 74LS85 to give you an output when the count is equal to or greater than the desired number of cars.

The rest is left as an exercise for the reader.

Hmmm project this combinational and sequential is doing my head in. Honestly dont know where to start i got multisim and logic works for software but hell what do i need to do???

Just open the gate! When its full no one can park there!
If someone parks crooked and takes up two spaces go and rough up their vehicle!
It will make you feel better about the frustration of this project! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back