Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project

Status
Not open for further replies.
4electros said:
Mr.nigel: concerning to my measurement project I want to make light measuring circuit using PIC .... please help!!
Thanks in advcance!

A simple LDR and opamp can easily provide a voltage that varies with light intensity, and a PIC with an analogue to digital converter can read that voltage, process it, and display the result.

Even an LDR and a single resistor could be used to feed the PIC pin, or there are even simpler ways not requiring an A2D in the PIC, but these require more programming work.

pic

just curious if you don't mind, what practical application are you using the circuit for?

aibelectronics said:
just curious if you don't mind, what practical application are you using the circuit for?
You're not curious my friends , it's an important question ...I don't make this circuit for a specific application ,I do it for our professor of electronic engineering,He asked us to build any measurement circuit ,it doesn't matter whether it's intended to measure light or temperature or anything else! That why i'm so confusing about this project, until now I haven't decided which circuit I have to do or actually i'm beyond-zero now !

Nigel Goodwin said:
A simple LDR and opamp can easily provide a voltage that varies with light intensity, and a PIC with an analogue to digital converter can read that voltage, process it, and display the result.

Even an LDR and a single resistor could be used to feed the PIC pin, or there are even simpler ways not requiring an A2D in the PIC, but these require more programming work.

OK, of course i don't want to simplify hardware ,that leads to hard programming work as you say!
Your idea is fantastic MR.nigel but i need more support of you :? tell me how can i move with this project or with any other project you would suggest for me! How to reach to the rest of the idea through web?!
I'm sorry , i've been talking so much :( waiting for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back