Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project repair : Commercial Entertainment Lighting box

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Ok, I will be getting the schematic's for Commercial Lighting Controller and Boxes. I'm exited, I will be donating my time and the parts will be coming out of pocket wish me luck ! I hope it isn't 0 cross pwm control circuit.

Shouldn't be because the power doesn't show flicker when moving the slider as with pwm that I'm familiar with (vague familiarity). I'm mostly just a cause and effect kind of guy.

I'll post any info schematic ect. With suspect discrete components or possible
integrated components I believe to be at fault. It's a good project to see maybe a little more of how these work together. :)

kv

got em

killivolt said:
Ok, I will be getting the schematic's for Commercial Lighting Controller and Boxes. I'm exited, I will be donating my time and the parts will be coming out of pocket wish me luck ! I hope it isn't 0 cross pwm control circuit.

Well I got the schematics now. But I don't know if I can upload them here without a conflict of interest. I'm waiting to hear back from the Manufacturer to see if it will.

.............. kv

I got permission

OK, Great news (they) have no trouble with me posting up the schematic.

Now, I have to get some help. Got a buddy in IT & web stuff.

I'm feelin like a school girl on a hot saturday afternoon.

............... kv :D

Tried to upload to the site with png but it's not working any suggestions ?

I'm showing 546kb but I'm doing it of the mac side of things will that affect it ?

I tried it on the windows side of life and still nothing. Do you have another site I can upload the schematic too and just post the url.

Gif

Give this a try here goes..................

First : I opened the box to see heat related stress cracking on the solid state relay's.

Second : Bad Fuses of course because they had a 700 + watt spot light on one channel I was told that someone had put a 500 watt lamp on the same channel.

So they began to double up on the outputs on a (rated : 600 watts per channel) of 500 watt bulbs each channel at peak wattage.

So, they have overloaded every channel/starting with the spotlight..............? what am I thinking.

Here's my pic of suspect's/not excluding the relay's.

LM324N OP-AMP QD S/PS - NAT LM324N

TL074CN OP-AMP QD DUAL/PS- MOT TLO74

3021/2 OPTO-ISO/TRIAC DVR - MOT MOC-3021

4024 CMOS 7BIT RPL CNTR - MOT MC14024BCP

4051 CMOS 8 CH ANLG MPXR - NSC CD4051 BCN

4584 CMOS HEX S/T INVRTR - MOT MC14584BCP

4585 CMOS 4 BIT MAG CMPR - MOT MC14585BC

Comments welcome and ridicule for attempting this instead of buying a new one. Or suggestions of the best price of parts and straight forward first steps of completing this job efficiently.

Begin at this point check that point etc.

If anything you will have another schematic to have reference too.

...................... kv:)

Attachments

• Schematics PCA-00004-0 revA revB copy.gif
    Schematics PCA-00004-0 revA revB copy.gif
    280.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Notice the opto-isolators between the electronics and the SCR's - so there's no way any overload on the outputs can damage anything on the primary side of the opto-couplers.

Usually the only damage would be to the triacs (or in this case dual SCR's), and possibly damage to the secondary side of the opto-couplers?.

Yep, Nigel's on the money. Replace the resistors too for good measure and check the caps too see if they've got heat damage.

Thanks guy's I'll givem a good look over. But I have to say things look bad the + mains the wire got good'en an hot. I opened the box a while back when they took out the first channel with the spot + 500 watt bulb.

I orderd some parts thinking the same thing and new SCR's with new op's. Didn't work ...... I'll keep looking closer now I have schem's.

Oh ! Nigal. I have the control box side of this you guy's want'em up next to the box ? I also have the parts list's ?

.................... kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back