Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Help/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtlz

I'm currently embarking upon a project that will allow me to attach a device onto a blimp for fire detection purposes. This device will have on it three major components, an image processing device, a communication link and GPS. Ultimately what I want to do is process images to detect if there is a fire, if there is one I want to send a flag + gps coordinates to the communication chip to be transmitted.

I am having trouble finding a board ready for image processing, i.e. it comes bundled with a camera, or a camera can be interfaced easily. I want to be able to process images on the fly to detect whether there is a fire or not. I have found this **broken link removed** board, and a corresponding daughter card (with camera), but the problem is that it there are no output links besides the analog headphone/line out, which makes interfacing with my communication device difficult.

I'm also trying to find a RF transceiver that will work at distances of about 9-15Km, but the best I've found so far is this **broken link removed**. Speed is not a great issue as I'm only sending a few bytes of data.

Can anyone give me some advice regarding hardware, and any potential pitfalls/problems that you forsee (that I have not).

Your help is greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back