Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Design step for Internet of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Hi
I understand to develop internet of things project we need hardware and software

Internet of things project
  • Hardware Design
  • Software design (programming)
Hardware Design : I have little bit knowledge of hardware like Microcontroller, Processor, Sensor, and other peripherals
Software Design : I have little bit knowledge of c programming

I am looking help on Internet of things project. What are the basic step to design internet of things project. I am asking about selection of hardware and programming language? How to start to design internet of things project

I suggest you have a look at the Wemos Mini D1, which can be programmed using the Arduino IDE - it makes IOT fairly easy.
Thanks for your reply. I was looking information for hardware selections and programming. its clear from your response. We need MCU and wifi device. Is it only one way to design hardware for internet of things ?

Thanks for information but my question is different. I am not going to build right now and I am not asking for specific module or board. I want to know what are components or device required to make internet of things project. I want to make list of component that are use to make internet of things project
1. Microcontroller / Processor required
2. Sensor required
3. Wifi device required
4. Router required

anything else

Add "Personal Computer" to your list.
Many IOT work with "Smart Phones".
Does this methods make any sense for IOT project ?
upload_2017-10-1_10-58-45.png

I suggest you have a look at the Wemos Mini D1, which can be programmed using the Arduino IDE - it makes IOT fairly easy.
So basically ESP-8266EX is chip that give access to any controller to wifi network. How does it work ? does it take signal from wifi router and send to microcontroller then microcontroller send signal to sensors ?

ESP-8266EX
There are several different types of these. $3 to $5 from China. I think there are many devices with the ESP-8266 inside.
I am trying to understand how they work. It appears to me that you can connect from smart phone very easy. Connecting with a Raspberry Pi can be done. (working on that now) Some people say no/yes connecting from a PC. We need to experiment more.
upload_2017-10-10_13-35-20.jpeg

From China you can get a relay board that plugs in above this board. Also there is a very interesting LCD display that plugs in. (very small)

It appears to me that you can connect from smart phone very easy. Connecting with a Raspberry Pi can be done. (working on that now) Some people say no/yes connecting from a PC. We need to experiment m
Thanks for your reply . How do we program ESP-8266 . I am confuse on selection of IDE and programming language for ESP8266. I have seen most of example with Arduino IDE. I don't use Arduino.

Which IDE and programming language use to program ESP8266?

Thanks for your reply . How do we program ESP-8266 . I am confuse on selection of IDE and programming language for ESP8266. I have seen most of example with Arduino IDE. I don't use Arduino.

Which IDE and programming language use to program ESP8266?

I would suggest the Arduino IDE and the C++ it supports, most of the example code out there is based on that.

You don't need to use the Arduino, just the IDE for it.

I would suggest the Arduino IDE and the C++ it supports, most of the example code out there is based on that.

You don't need to use the Arduino, just the IDE for it.
I have never used Arduino board and Arduino IDE. I am familiar with 8051 and C programming . Does Arduino IDE support 8051 controller. and We are making web page so I think I need to use html php or java programming. Can I work with 8051, C programming, html and PHP programming

I've finally relented and ordered one of these and installed the IDE. Will have a play when it arrives. Is there anything else I should be ordering as well?

Mike.

I have never used Arduino board and Arduino IDE. I am familiar with 8051 and C programming . Does Arduino IDE support 8051 controller. and We are making web page so I think I need to use html php or java programming. Can I work with 8051, C programming, html and PHP programming

Assuming you're running programming on the ESP?, then you need to use something that will generate the correct instructions, the Arduino IDE can be set to do this using C++. Or you can install Python, and various other things as well.

Why would you want to use an 8051?, the ESP is a vastly superior and higher spec device - you don't need another processor, you can program the ESP directly giving super performance - they run a good many times faster than an Arduino, and have much more memory.

Assuming you're running programming on the ESP?, then you need to use something that will generate the correct instructions, the Arduino IDE can be set to do this using C++. Or you can install Python, and various other things as well.
I understood I have to use Arduino IDE and I don't need any extra processor.

Still I have doubt. Can I program ESP with c program because I don't have knowledge about C++ ?

I am need information on web page. I have to create web page. which language is use to make web page ? like below page

upload_2017-10-11_18-29-55.png

I understood I have to use Arduino IDE and I don't need any extra processor.

Still I have doubt. Can I program ESP with c program because I don't have knowledge about C++ ?

C++ is a superset of C, so you should have no problem - I would suggest you buy a Wemos D1 Mini (my ESP of choice), they are cheap and easy to use - you then only need a USB to Micro USB lead (fairly standard phone lead) and that's your total expense. Install the Arduino IDE, google adding ESP support, and follow the instructions to install that. You will find there are plenty of examples installed for you to try, and modify for what you want to do. If you're ordering aWemos D1 Mini, you might like to order the SD card shield for it as well, as there are webserver examples using an SD card for storage.

You can also (obviously) install the software without having any hardware, so do that and check the examples out for free!!.

I am need information on web page. I have to create web page. which language is use to make web page ? like below page

Webpages are plain text - if you're running a webserver on an ESP it supplies the plain text on demand from the source code, or reads it from an SD card (or similar) - again, the provided examples explain all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back