Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PICs with Basic Stamp 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddy

I've noticed that the BS2 uses the PIC16C57 and that the many pins of the PIC are connected to the pins of the BS2. Is it possible to hook another PIC16C57 on the breadboard to the corresponding pins on the BS2 to program the blank PIC16C57?

just wondering if anyone's tried it.

Cheers
Choon Yue

muddy said:
I've noticed that the BS2 uses the PIC16C57 and that the many pins of the PIC are connected to the pins of the BS2. Is it possible to hook another PIC16C57 on the breadboard to the corresponding pins on the BS2 to program the blank PIC16C57?

No, all writing is done to the external EEPROM, the 16C57 is an OTP chip and requires a special programmer (parallel mode) to write to it.

Incidently, if anyone wants any DIL 16C57XT's, I've got a couple of hundred of them!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back