Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PIC16F54 with Pickit2 in MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas.ballo

I would like to use MPLAB IDE 8.30 with Pickit2 to program PIC16F54. The firmware loaded in my Pickit2 does support that chip however MPLAB IDE shows a "red dot" (meaning not supported) by Pickit2 when I select PIC16F54 as device to be programmed. Is there any way to add support for this combination (Pickit2+PIC16F54) into MPLAB IDE?

**broken link removed**

It's a really old part not even supported by PK2 2.61, the 16F628A is a more than adequate (cheaper too) replacement.

It is a parallel programmed PIC, you need a PICStart+ to program those.

Last edited:
You will have to program the HEX using the PICkit 2 Programmer software.

Under the "Device Family" tab select Baseline, and then PIC16F54 from the Device drop-down list.

It's a really old part not even supported by PK2 2.61, the 16F628A is a more than adequate (cheaper too) replacement.

It is a parallel programmed PIC, you need a PICStart+ to program those.

You're thinking of the 16C54 Bill, the 16F54 is a 'modern' EEPROM/FLASH version and is supported by the PICKit2 - it's under the Baseline series.

I would like to use MPLAB IDE 8.30 with Pickit2 to program PIC16F54. The firmware loaded in my Pickit2 does support that chip however MPLAB IDE shows a "red dot" (meaning not supported) by Pickit2 when I select PIC16F54 as device to be programmed. Is there any way to add support for this combination (Pickit2+PIC16F54) into MPLAB IDE?

**broken link removed**

Look here: **broken link removed**

It a baseline chip you have to set manually I use some baseline chips mostly the 12f508
here this show you where it's at **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back